The Sixth Annual Windermere Marathon course is USATF certified and a Boston Qualifier! The point-to-point course is scenic and fast with an overall net elevation drop of over 200 feet, which is ideal for setting Personal Records. The Full Marathon starts at 7:00 a.m. at beautiful Rocky Hill Park in Liberty Lake, WA.
The first 7.2 miles of the marathon runs through Liberty Lake’s upscale neighborhoods, pass Pavillion Park and well-groomed golf courses before connecting to the Centennial Trail at the Harvard Road Trailhead. The Centennial Trail follows the contours of the winding Spokane River and the views along the race route are a big part of the attraction of this race. The visible and audible Spokane River is usually flowing with white waters, thanks to the melting snows running off the nearby mountains.
The exciting downhill Finish is in Downtown Spokane’s Howard Street Bridge in Riverfront Park. Join the fun at the post-race party with food, beer garden and music to celebrate your victory!
Race Highlights of Why You Should Run Our Race
- Start: Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 7 a.m.
- Full Marathon is USATF Certified and a Boston Qualifier!
- Free bus transportation to Rocky Hill Park will be provided to all runners due to limited parking at the starting area. However, drop offs are permitted. After the race, bus shuttle service from the finish to the Start and to Hotels in Liberty Lake and to Hotels in Spokane Valley will also be available.
- Scenic, fast course starts in upscale Liberty Lake and finishes in beautiful Riverfront Park
- Expo and Packet Pickup on Saturday May 31, 2014 between 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at The Spokane Convention Center, Spokane’s premier event venue
- Attractive long sleeve gender specific microsmooth race shirt for all participants!
- Blinged out shining and spinning medals!
- A lovely long stemmed rose for each finisher!
- Free Complimentary Victory Stand Photo for all finishers!
- Keepsake acrylic awards for top three males/females in 5-year age groups!
- Celebration at post race party with food, beer garden and music!
- Register and You Will Find Out Why the Windermere Marathon is the Best Kept Secret in the Northwest!!!